DAPS has a range of benefits for the entire community:
FOR OLDER ADULTS:
- Better ability to recognize and self manage symptoms of depression
- Improved well-being through achievement of meaningful activity goals
FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS:
- Expanded capacity to address depression
- Better communication and stronger partnerships with primary care providers and mental health providers
FOR COMMUNITY MENTAL/ BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PARTNERS
- Improved communication about older clients who are involved in the DAPS program.
- Increased opportunity to work with diverse and underserved populations of older adults.